Saturday, July 01, 2006

Last Stop: Fredericton

We had very little sleep and it was the last night of the trip, in a small city with one local act, added only a couple of days earlier. I wondered what to expect.

Ube and I rolled in at about 6:45pm after an eight hour trek from Mtl. I was under the mistaken impression that we had to start at 7pm and be done by nine. Good thing, as the rest of the posse would not arrive for another 3 1/2 hours.

Philip arrived maybe half an hour after us. He would be providing ambient beats and sounds... and lots of 'em, as it turned out. He must have played for well over an hour, what with the rest of us being delayed.

To someone from my city, I would describe the venue as a larger, more militant version of the OW. GS set up in a super hurry, with the van people springing into action following their 175 km/h sprint from the 514.

Both bands gave it all we had left, with GS paring our set down to 8 songs... well... 9 if you count the self-declared B-dick encore of DSTF. I was really afraid we'd all just phone it in for an indifferent audience of 2 or 3, but this was not the case. A few records were even sold. I definitely want to go back there, there's potential for amazing shows at that spot. We should bring some H_gonia with us. I'm looking at you, A-Mo/Hold.

Afterward, we were spent but generally happy. The Band Fund treated us to a late supper. We listened to a metal show on the local campus station, and kept up the theme for the rest of the drive home. By the end we were into Sunn, and it fit the wiped-out mood nicely.

I'll have some closing comments later. Suffice it to say, we're back and it was awesome.

I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home