Saturday, June 24, 2006

Bloomington Pt II

There was a party at the place we stayed last night. It was pretty fun, but I drank too much. Let's just say I didn't do much to elevate trip morale. I anticipate a whole lot of people not talking to me today. I had a temper tantrum during one of the bands and actually stormed out during their set. Pretty childish behaviour, not typical of me even when I'm drunk.

Drinking on its own is neither good nor bad. You bring to it what you already have inside. I can tell you truthfully, everything that made me freak out last night is directly related to this vacation. I've suppressed more shit than I realized. It's a losing battle, because all of the complaints I have are things that are part and parcel of the journey, things that can't be changed. I'm constantly grumbling to myself about how people around me should suck it up and just absorb all little adversities that come our way, but I'm really no better. I'm just able to keep it inside - but only if I stay sober.

Therefore, I will not drink any more alcohol until I get home.

Let's see if Chicago is more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home