Friday, June 30, 2006

Montréal

The drive from Ottawa was uneventful.

The real action began at CJLO, a campus radio station in the west-ish end of the city. Both bands performed live on air, with an interview in between. The studio was quite a bit bigger than the one back home, but it got just as hot once we began to play. There were some concerns about who was able to hear who. Personally, I don't need to hear anyone. I watch the drummer for all my cues. Both bands' sets sounded good from where I stood. I'll know for sure sometime down the road, because both were recorded by the station's tech. Multi-track. The interview was kind of a debacle.

That night we played a neat little cave-shaped venue in the north-central part of town. The crowd was fairly big, receptive to both bands, and contained some familiar faces. The noise band that opened was awesome, despite having had a very trying day. The headliner played rocking electronic music with a lot of energy and personality. This was a great show.

...a great show that ended very late. We had to get up before 9am to make it to the next one - in Fredericton, NB. Ube and I are pretty beat. I don't know how morale is in the van right now, but they might have had even less sleep than we did. I suspect we'll have a little burst of energy left to help us win the marathon. BB could be improvising with Philip tonight. We really enjoyed this last time, and it may be just the change of gears we need to carry us the rest of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home