Wednesday, June 28, 2006

An Ottawa Aside

Today I wondered what I would not have missed in H_x had I been home these three weeks. Then I decided I'd better stop thinking that way. I'm in a weird frame of mind right now... not positive or negative... just really focused on survival. Stay posi at all costs. The little posi-engine in my brain is working overtime and its fuel guage is at about 1/4 tank. That should be enough to last until Saturday.

When I get home, I'm going to do a lot of relaxing. Some of it will be social, some not. One thing I've decided to do when I get home is take up kite-flying. It's just what I need right now.

***********************************************************************************

On the way from TO to Ottawa this guy cut off the van on the 401. The van (which I wasn't in) then returned the favour, at which point the car guy went bonkers. What I saw in my rear-view mirror was the guy pulling up beside the van (doing at least 120), shaking his fist out the window and otherwise gesturing wildly. He stayed with them for at least a minute. It was comical to watch. I found out later that he was demanding the van pull over so he could fight them on the side of the highway.

This kind of puts things into perspective. People who get really mad just look funny. So if you're thinking about getting mad and doing irrational things, try and think of that first. It's better to look cool and detatched, no matter how beside yourself you are. It's kind of like people who walk too fast all the time. People look cooler when they walk slowly.

Testosterone... it can be such a source of embarrassment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home