Sunday, August 27, 2006

Efficient, Yet Not Satisfying

It was a week of less blogging, more doing. I'll sum it up, Slappa-style.

Sunday ended with a GS jam, following all that sentimental stuff I wrote in my last post. We have more new songs than we can get together in short order. We've got to buckle down and plow through it. We could rewrite the set if we wanted to. A new practice-recording is pending.

BB jammed Monday, including some 30 minutes of acapella guitar duets. Then the amoeba reassembled for a photo shoot. Wanting to purvey some sort of "hippie" aesthetic, I removed my footwear for the seaside shoot. I may have inadvertently engaged some North West Arm water. Shoot me dead.

I got home, tired from lack of weekend sleep, around 9pm. Slappa, C. S. Panther and Briantology were rockin' the barbecue. I had no choice but to join in. Party time.

Tuesday night I acted like a "dude" and went to a hockey game. One of these days I'm going to make that "Sport vs the Arts" entry. The thesis being, most choose one or the other - only a tiny minority choose both. Why do I even like sports? I don't know, but I have nothing to apologize for. I am what I am. Two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Wednesday night BB rocked it again, in preparation for our show on Thursday. We had planned to do a seamless set with another local band we like a lot, and by the end of the session our modus operandi had been ascertained.

Thursday night we played the show. The seamless set could not happen; we ended our set as originally planned, and considered the lead-out to be more of a cover. It worked very well. The set was awesome; you can see a video clip of it if you click on Tobe's link.

Friday was a sickly day at work due to a little more fatigue than usual. I drank some 4-5 litres of water, to try and chase away the gaggy, dehydrating effects of an extra-large coffee. I nearly yakked when I got home... what the fuck is wrong with me? I felt like shit all day.

Despite this, I followed through on my earlier committment to go drinkin' with an old friend (see previous post: Flügelnacht). I made sure this happened early in the evening. I got home and was asleep by maybe 11.

Today I procrastinated a lot and (marginally) cleaned my room. A barbecue blowout was due to occur, meatless-style. We pulled it off; it was epic, once again. Fast times. Too bad I had to stay sober for the purposes of my radio show. Actually, it was helpful in other ways. You'd be surprised how much organisational wheeling and dealing one of our barbecues requires. The kind of tasks best left to a sober mind.

Tomorrow, GS might have a demo-recording jam. Or, I might do laundry at mom and dad's. I'm accepting alternate ideas at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home