Friday, August 18, 2006

Hugged Your Computer Today?

I did, after using my parents' last night. That thing is a NIGHTMARE.

I have this bad habit of getting super-upset by unexpected mechanical failures. The transmission on my car went a few weeks ago and I just about lost my mind. Last night my printer died and got pissed off like some stupid little kid. By the time I got to mom & dad's to use theirs I was spent and their slow- (then non-) working computer left me with nothing but a feeling of deep despair.

Why overreact to such trivial things? I've routinely brushed off major calamities my whole life. It goes back to this need for consistency. Machines are supposed to supply it (little else does), and when they break it just feels like there's no hope in the world. Is this a half-assed mental illness or something?

Anyway, I went to sleep in a bleak mood. The dream that followed was weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonny Stormer said...

If it's a mental illness, I suffer from it as well. For some reason nothing makes me as irrationally angry as the failure of a machine to do what it's supposed to do.

5:44 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

Thank you, Bonny Stormer.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home