Friday, August 18, 2006

Starts With A 'B' And Rhymes With '3000'

I was looking for something to listen to in the car on the way to mom and dad's, and settled on a CD from the 'G' section. It's a great album, but I find I'm constantly reaching for it and then thinking "nah...". It's finally occurred to me why.

Don't you hate it when an album you really like is also depressing as hell? Unfortunately, BT made its impression on me at a time when I had the worst crush on one of my friends. I felt like a teenager again ("Someone tell me why...."), and not in a good way. Long story short, the situation was sub-optimal in how it unfolded and in the end we were considerably less tight as friends than we had been.

This album brings it all back. It doesn't remind me of her per se (that crush faded ages ago), but more the whole feeling of friendship, romance, hope and hopelessness all rolled into one. What a mess.

BT is a great album. It was just on the wrong playlist at the wrong time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home