Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The show was good; I've described the "facts" elsewhere, so I'll keep this description to opinion. The single, long, improvised song must have got to some people. I thought it was sort of a paradox; an artist with such a long history needs to play for more than 20 minutes (which the band did), but I think the outer reach for song length in this style is probably about that time. For my liking, at least. On the other hand, I get the sense that a second song would have sounded much like the first, so why not play them as a unit. I had warned N's parents that this was going to be "pretty weird". They were good sports about it, but I'm sure they now wish they had heeded my warning. I had fun though, and I thought it was an important thing for me to see, and I would probably have gone one way or the other.

The tram ride out was pretty interesting. One guy was drinking beer on the tram. Then this younger woman (mid 20s ish) gets on the tram, smoking, and starts asking everybody for change. A dude told her she should put out the cigarette and she loudly threatened to beat him up. Yee haw! I didn't give her any money. She lost quite a few points with that act. The show wasn't even in a rough part of town... it was in a gorgeous old theatre, with seating more befitting a gala ball than rock show. Very cool.

Yesterday afternoon I found a store that sells a lot of strange Belgian beers. Didn't find this one but I did pick up this and this. I was also looking for a certain beer from those islands off to the east, but it was not to be found. This country takes beer seriously. The variety of domestics (and imports for that matter) where I come from is sadly lacking. Those who like it may like it a lot, but they don't love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home