Monday, March 22, 2010

Two drinking establishments have stood out for me thus far. Today, we went to a bar on the seventh floor of a sixth floor building. Yes, the bar was on the roof, right in the middle of downtown. This would never fly back home. Someone would throw a bottle off the roof, maim somebody, then say "it was the city's fault for allowing a bar to open on a roof". Fucking weak pieces of SHIT!!

But the best bar was even less traditional. It was in a parking lot. Two walls were just the outsides of adjacent buildings; the third wall was a chain-link fence. The fourth wall was the bar itself - a transplanted shipping container. The ceiling? It covered about half the venue... patchy and makeshift. It's like the outside of Charlie's WAS Charlie's.

Tonight we went to a house party; it consisted mainly of foreign students from all over. Everyone was drunk. Now I'm not a "smoker", but I expected some "smoking" to take place and was very surprised when none did. I'm not used to that. But then I learned that that's not standard party fare here. Weird!

I did drink a bunch of homemade hard liquor though, and got somewhat fucked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home