Thursday, December 06, 2007

Suspension Of Disbelief

It's important to know how to do this. Don't you hate when you're watching a movie with someone and they're always saying things like "there's no way that could have happened". Or you go see a band you like and it's "what do you see in this terrible band"? Or you're watching low-budget semi-pro wrestling and it's "this sucks, it's so fake". I'm not talking about specific incidents, but more the general attitude that makes people say this sort of thing. If something's meant to be enjoyed and people around you are doing so, just let it be. Don't take away people's fun with your griping and negativity. At least learn to laugh at awfulness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary F said...

I couldn't have said this any better myself. I've learned that many folks just don't have the slightest appreciation for anything that's even slightly bizarre or askew.

1:37 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

You're right. What happens when these people have children? I saw a kids' xmas concert this morning and I had a great time. I wasn't expecting virtuosity. The kids tried so hard, and they were proud of their modest achievements. What kind of a jerk would take that away?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home