Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pleasures Of Guilt

A large company has started streaming video and play-by-play for junior hockey games on the internet. It's free and I have an interest in junior hockey, so I use the service from time to time. The production values are understandably low and very few commercials appear - probably because they don't know yet how much money they can charge for advertising. So there's quite a bit of downtime in the audio feed that has to be filled somehow. What they've been doing is using this cheap-sounding, canned techno music that has a VERY elevator-ish quality about it. Sounds awful, right?

Well, imagine my surprise when it started growing on me. So in the intermission, I'll throw down some sudoku while this stuff plays in the background.

It's oddly awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home