Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Music



One of the most fascinating bands of all time, and I'm not being sarcastic. At a first listen, they're terrible - but listen again. If they were just playing random whatever, there would be no consistency to their songs. But there definitely is. I catch myself trying to pick out riffs, and I get hypnotized. Are they mere hacks... or are they playing something from so deep inside, the sound completely transcends musical ability?

I wonder how good or bad they thought they were. The album leaves me with the feeling that they were not that self-aware at all. It's a train wreck, yet possesses a strange innocence. It's caused me to ask myself a lot of questions about the nature of music - how we play it, and what the difference is between good and bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary F said...

This sounds absolutely fascinating to me. I have never heard of this band. But I am now on a mission to hear this album! :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

My friend, tonight I'll be making you that tape at the station. I'll include this album in its entirety. You won't be sorry.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home