Thursday, October 25, 2007

Obligatory Homebrew Update

To recap:

"Benjamin's Autumn Ale":

I took a raspberry wheat recipe, tossed out the raspberries (figuratively) and added 2kg of maple syrop, 10 cinnamon sticks and 10 cloves of nutmeg. I steeped the wheat/spices for longer than usual, so it's a little murky and I'll be filtering it. It smells pretty good. If I have time, I'll bottle it this weekend.

"Sheena's Black Cat Stout":

This is made from a kit. Dark and smokey. I can bottle this one too, but time will be a factor if it's going to be done this weekend.

Long story short, these should be ready at about the same time. Our house doesn't have as many parties as it used to, and the homebrew should help that situation. During the power failure the other night, 4/5 of the apartment had a fun popcorn barbecue on the back deck. It made me nostalgic for the back-deck-barbecue era. It's time to bring that stuff back.

Edit: Benjamin and Sheena are our cats. The homebrew colours correspond approximately to the appearance of the cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home