Sunday, April 29, 2007

Pretty Furniture

What if it became popular to release books in a digital, downloadable format. Do you think people would stop buying books? Maybe, maybe not. I think a loaded bookshelf is a nice addition to any living space. It says something good about a person that a full hard drive cannot. It makes a home look homier.

Today I was screwing around with a music library program and it asked if I wanted to download album art. To me that would be a waste of time and space. I like to own albums so I can display them or hand them to friends to look at. Or just admire the way they look in my room. Downloading album art is like...it's like getting a photograph of a painting. The photograph is useful because it might show me what a painting I've never seen looks like. It might move me to buy the painting. But I'm not going to display it in my house.

Except maybe in an ironic way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home