Saturday, April 29, 2006

Released Into The Wild

The record hit the streets tonight. We played a release show under sort of stressful circumstances. I wasn't sure how we'd go over with the bar movers-and-shakers, or the regs. We needed a big crowd to make an impression, and considering the vast number of shows happening tonight, I think we got one. I was 100% ready to get up there and haul ass to the store and back again. Things only snowballed once we got it going.

I was happy with our set. I felt "in the zone" several times. I felt like we were not so much "throwing", but "pitching". We've mastered playing the songs. Now we can use our powers for good. Really work the paintbrush instead of just flicking it at the canvas.

I did a stage jump in a spot better suited to a more diminutive member of the band and whacked my head on the low ceiling. I guess it's quite a gash, but I haven't had a look at it yet. It smarted at the time, but not now. It sure would have been wild looking if I had really hurt myself. But I'm not about to hurt myself just to look cool.

Our split-mates did an amazing set. I felt bad that they were so pressed for time at the end, but we actually noodled around less than usual this time. I think it was beyond our control. SB = awesome.

Afterward, a 13-person posse hit up an all-night restaurant for some grease (except for DMC, who had a mushroom-and-tomato-contaminated spinach salad). Fun times, great conversation. Everybody's jokes were funny. A swell night by any standard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home