Friday, April 21, 2006

Montréal

Perhaps my favorite city of all those I've been to (an admittedly small number) - a place I enjoy visiting regularly. I've been there often enough that I have a pretty good idea how I prefer to enter the city. That would be Pont Champlain. It's as good a starting point as any if you're arriving from the south, landing between centre-ville and NDG. Really, any of the bridges are fine, but that's the one I usually go for. The Lafontaine Tunnel is my least favorite point of entry, one I try to avoid because it lets you off in a part of Montréal I'm not that interested in exploring. Sherbrooke St takes forever to navigate.

The approaches to the city can be confusing, at least to me. Coming off a 12 hour drive, all I really want to do is get on the island. There are a lot of ways to go about this, some better than others. So many lanes, so many roads, so many bridges. I just wanna get there, yet not by any means necessary. I've had times where I've ended up on the wrong bridge because I didn't watch what I was doing 2 or 3km back. Things are easier when I can anticipate what I need to do long in advance, and then get in the right lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home