Monday, April 10, 2006

Problems

I'm very thankful I've never gotten involved with cigarettes or hard drugs. It's tough to be unable to stop destroying your body and mind because you're spinning out of control. Maybe that's a brash statement, but today was a rough day at work and all I could think about was drinking my face off when I got home. I consider drinking a much less destructive thing than the aforementioned. That said, it's a very helpless feeling to be out of control and hell bent on doing something unhealthy.

Somehow, things worked out so that I'm not going to drink tonight. I had a pleasant conversation on the way home from work that defused the scary crossed wires that were making me see red. That's all it took to right the ship.

I'm very lucky. I could be dealing with substances far more merciless than alcohol.

1 Comments:

Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

I'm glad I didn't drink before the movie. I had to sit really close and the motion shots were brutal. I would have puked for sure. I had a fun talk with some friends afterward, and it looks like the day will end on a happy note.

Good film, by the way.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home