Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cycles

I met Poison about ten years ago. Old Band had recently released a 7", and this little girl (no exaggeration) came up to me after one of our shows and asked me if we would sign her copy. We weren't used to such rock star treatment, but this shy little kid seemed so earnestly impressed with us, how could we say no?

Old Band became friends with a lot of people much younger than us, and some of those friendships have lasted right up until today. Eventually, Poison and I co-founded GS with Ube and last night we released a 7" of our own. And didn't a guy in the audience come up to Poison, now in her early 20s, and ask her to sign his record.

The irony wasn't lost on us. It made me feel kind of... grandfatherly. Not in a bad way though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home