Friday, March 03, 2006

On The Record

Week three of non-stop band activity is winding down. There's so much trouble to cause and so little time. I definitely need some kind of vacation, and today I think I'm getting one. One day is probably enough anyway.

Yesterday, BB engaged in a day-long recording session at an amazing studio hidden in the woods at the start of the Eastern Shore. We completed music for four songs and vocals for three. Two of these will be going on a split 7" with A-Mode to be released in a couple of months: the one with the speed metal picking and Ramones beat in the middle, and the one with the harmonizing guitar solo.

Friends of BB, hear me now: you are going to hear the band as we've never sounded before. This is as professional recording as we could possibly have asked for. Everything is clear and pristine. The vocals remind me of Hootenanny-era Paul Westerberg, even though T. America has no idea what I'm talking about with that. Imagine "Run It", "You Lose" or "Hayday", but more pissed off. The whole thing just sounds ridiculously goddamn good. Wow.

To the hataz: we don't just play noise (that's B-Dick). Maybe this record will clarify that fact.

My mind is blown by yesterday's recording.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home