Thursday, June 28, 2007

Who Are These People?



Eb. Known him since 2004; we met when I drove him to a show his old band was playing. We're in a band together and can music-nerd-talk up a storm.


Em. Met her in early 2006. She was at Slappa's party and I seem to recall she made some good cookies or perhaps hors d'oeuvres. She's quite funny, especially when it comes to visual jokes and DIY cartoons.



Ube. Met him in about 2003, through the radio station. He's got very good taste in music, and that's something we talked about a lot. Then he asked me to be in a band. We did this, and it got waaay outta hand. In the best possible way.



Ame. Met her in late 2005, at an art school gig my band was playing. We didn't talk much then. She's harnessing creativity. We have bonded over milkshakes.




Klc. I've known her since... geez, 2001 or 2? We've had a number of good chats, but my best time spent with her was when she accompanied GS to that fest in C-town. That weekend was pure entertainment.



Tobe. Met him in late 2004. We met by being in a band together. Knows music beyond his years. An ambitious man, and a good friend. We're distantly related.



Ker. Met her... maybe late 2006? I admit, I don't know her all that well. She's in some good bands though, and I enjoy drunkenly chatting with her at parties.



Poison. Met her in fall 1996. The story of how we met is comical, but that's another story for another day. I was in this band with her and Ube. That was some wild shit. She rocks fuckin' hard. Driven, and one crazy fucker. My lil sis.



Slappa. Met her in late 2005 at a GS show. Man, speaking of crazy! One of the funniest people I know. She cannot not be the life of the party.



B. Stormer. Met her in 2006 at one of Slappa's parties. We've enganged in some music nerd talk ourselves. She throws a good party, and is a courteous guest... by that I mean she always brings good food!



Briantology. Met him in early 2006 at the 'Barrel with CS Panther. Current roomie, and another on the "most funniest" list. We went to the same high school. If I'd have known him then, we'd probably have hung out. Except that he was a fucking baby at the time.



CS Panther. Met him in early 2006 at the Khyb, when he shot a doc about GS. I can't even have music nerd talk with this guy, I'd be in waaay over my head. He's an ex-roomie. Tells a great story. Everything he says sounds like a big deal!



белорус Рикк. I've known Рикк since fucking 1991. We met when he interviewed the band I was in before Old Band. Then, we helped form Old Band together. And he's not from белорус, he's from лавал. The french older brother I never had.



Not From Melmac. Met him around 2006. I want to be in a band with this guy. Covering you-know-who. It's a party if 'Fredo's in the house. He's almost as old as me! And still rocks! Which makes me feel that much less alone in this town.



Er ist der Roboter. Met him in 2002. I consider him a peer, as a guy who grew up in the same culture (read:80s) as I. This is significant because I really don't know many music-people my own age. He's a great songwriter.



La Barbe de Lyons. Met him in 2006. Not just a practitioner of DIY - an afficionado who raises it to an artform. A fellow brewer. A mainstay at our houseparties, and a damn entertaining one.



St-Shig-de-Bon-Gril. Met him briefly in 2005, got to know him as a roommate in 2006. What can I say about this guy? One of the most entertaining people I've ever met. The King of the party, yet modest as fuck. Tells a helluva story. We had some great drunken laughs. It's fucking too bad he had to move away.



Songs In The Key Of M. Met her... hm... maybe 2004 through the radio station? Got to know her as a roommate in 2006. I found her to be very wise. It didn't surprise me to find out she liked this band (as do I). She certainly tolerated a lot of messes here. She is also missed.



La Chica De Biblioteca. Met her in early 2006 at a craaaazzzy GS show. We had some music nerd talk as well. I always enjoy meeting people my age with similar tastes in music. She's seen some pretty impressive bands!



El Partido de la Televisión Esta Noche. Met him in 1998. The handle I've given him is the spanish translation of the name of his radio show (the avatar is also a hint). He's exactly one day older than I - so how crazy is it that I got teamed up with him during my year-and-a-half tenure at the other radio station. I learned a lot about radio from this man. Whether he knows it or not, he influenced the way I program to this day. I'm hoping to run into him this summer for the first time in five years.

And that last one is a link to BB's label. Check out the track from our new album!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home