Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Baron Talks Dollars'n'Cents

One thing that would be fun would be to teach economics at an ultra-ultra-liberal arts college. Here's the final exam I'd give them:

Answer ONE of the following:

a) Design a new economic system for the world which does not use money.

b) Explain why an economic system without money could not work for the entire world.

c) *places chair on top of desk*

In general, I just like the idea of patently absurd exam questions. Questions that test creativity rather than rote knowledge; that could be prepared for, but don't have to be.

Nice to see the hippie in me is not dead. I saw a group of hippies earlier today and felt a profound cultural disconnect from them. I felt really square and conservative, like I was part of whatever problem it is they are trying to solve. I guess none of that stuff bothers me, except that it makes me feel old.

Nice continuity to this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home