Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dogs

I'll be honest with you, and please don't hate me for it - I'm terrified of most dogs. I grew up believing that dogs served only two purposes: shitting on the grass where I played and giving rabies to children. I've been afraid of every kind of dog, every size, at one time or another.

But now, as an adult, I have an intellect to keep my emotional responses in check. I can rationalize my friends' dogs to be extentions of my friends themselves, deserving of the same respect. So in these cases, I assume the animal to be innocent until proven guilty, and act accordingly.

When I hear bad stories though, I really have to rein my emotions, because they are very strong, and not rational.

Don't think of me as an "asshole". Think of me as a "cat person".

2 Comments:

Blogger UberDestructinator said...

Lairamie is very flattered that you think he is a dog with "cat-like cuteness."

1:15 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

Ha ha, Lairamie is a good little dude. Nothin' but love for that guy.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home