Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oops

How's this for embarrassment:

So I'm at the station tonight and I notice a new CD from a band I've heard many good things about (but not for a couple of years). I get on the air talking about how excited I am to hear new stuff from this band. To spice up my on-air talk, I get out their press page and start to read. It is at this point where I discover that most of the band died in a van accident almost four years ago. The CD is a comp of unreleased tracks.

Man, did I feel like a tool. Shows how out of touch I am.

The moral of this story is: always know everything, all the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eb said...

I've always sorta meant to check that band out but I never seem to get around to it.

6:10 AM  
Blogger huskermould said...

would it be this band :

http://www.thecoast.ca/117559.112113body.lasso?-token.elistsource=1714.112113&-token.specificitem=3835.113118&-token.feedbackexpand=Y#feedback

4:48 PM  
Blogger huskermould said...

damn you internet.....

Sounds like The Exploding Hearts. If so, check the The Coast CD review archives for a review

4:50 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

I won't confirm or deny your diagnosis, but the EH's were a swell rock and roll band.

5:44 PM  
Blogger 1233 said...

Don't sweat it, man. I hadn't heard any of this band's stuff until after the van accident. The saddest part is that they were well on their way to being famous right when the accident happened, with an appearance on a late night TV talk show lined up and they had also just signed a contract with Lookout Records a few days prior to the accident.

One thing I cannot get over is how much this band is specifically inspired by The Boys. I think that they might have been the most Boys influenced band ever, or at least the band that has taken the most out of their sound. Given their relitive obsurity compared to the other British punk bands of the late 70s, I think this says a lot about what a great band they really were.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home