Friday, February 09, 2007

Message Found In A Bottle

"I've had a long, happy life filled with comfort and love. I have no regrets.

But I'm old now. The world around me has changed, and not for the better. I've tried to adapt, but I miss the old ways I used to live.

I've changed too. My legs ache when I walk, so I spend most of the day in my chair. I feel sick all the time, and can no longer eat as much food as I should without becoming ill.

Neither has my mind has been spared by age. Sometimes I get lost on the way to the bathroom and end up making my caregivers angry. I know they love me, as I do them, but any time their affection turns to scorn, I feel it in my heart. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. I don't know what to do.

I'm not a fool. I know age is an affliction with no cure. I also know what will happen when they grow tired of being angry with me. Yes, I love them. But on the day they put me in the Cage and lead me to the Gallows, I will scream and cry, I will shit, piss and puke for all I'm worth. These dirty things they hate so much will be the last tangible expressions of my will to live."

-anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home