Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More Romance

Today I noticed a girl sitting on a park bench. It was a bench where people normally smoke, but she was not. Then, a motorcycle pulled up. It was driven by a guy. He wore big thick gloves and a padded jacket that looked like it was meant for motorcycle riders. He had a backpack on.

The guy and girl greeted each other, but I could not hear what they were saying. I got the sense that they were a couple.

The guy opened his backpack and produced a second helmet, which the girl put on. He held the backpack open while she put her handbag inside, and zipped it up. Then, he took off his jacket and gave it to her to put on. He was just wearing a t-shirt underneath. Next he gave her his gloves, but she had put them on before she could zip up the protective jacket. So he zipped it up for her. She got on the back of the bike and they drove away.

I like chivalry. The whole exchange left me with a happy feeling.

2 Comments:

Blogger creep said...

once, i went home with a boy, and his bed wasn't made.
he made me sit in his living room until his bed was made.
good ol' chivalry

10:30 AM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

...yeah, taken to a creepy extreme!

That's almost like the guy my friend went on a date with, who kept all his used gum in a box.

Ok, that's slightly different.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home