Monday, September 18, 2006

Never There When You Want It, Always There When You Don't

The title refers to the urge to abstain from alcohol.

I'm going to Quebec later this week. It's been planned for a while, and over the summer I've thought a lot about bringing back all sorts of microbrews I can't find around here. Like this one, or this one (which is not from Quebec, but I've never seen it anywhere else).

In an unprecendented turn, however, I've had no desire to drink over the past week or so. Sheesh, I only get to Quebec every so often. What to do?

I think I'm going to bring back all the beer I planned to and see what happens. Last time I did this, I went on a colossal bender, but I don't see that happening in my current mood.

Maybe I'm suffering from "pumpkin ale letdown". I just got too damn worked up about the stuff. It's not going to be out for at least a couple of weeks.

I dunno. Some temporary sobriety might do me good. I hear it's, like, healthy and stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger UberDestructinator said...

Guns n Roses have a song about getting drunk. They're at their best when they deal with those types of issues.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home