Monday, May 07, 2007

The Process

BB is going on tour at the end of July and we want to have an album to sell at our shows. Trouble is, tour is 2 1/2 months away and we write songs at a snail's pace. Anyone who's watched BB over the past 2 years knows this is true.

So now we've switched into high gear. We have one new song we debuted a few weeks back, two others that are more or less ready to play live, plus a few odds and ends. There's going to be an improvised song on the album. I think we're ready to try something like that.

Last night we were trying to put together a typical BB song with several disparate parts. Each sounded good on its own, but all four of us were completely stumped as to how to put them together (see, we don't just randomly combine riffs). We left practice on a gloomy note. Tonight we were booked again (we've been doing 3-4 jams a week for the past month), and I wasn't looking forward to hacking away at that thing again. I decided to bust out a song idea I had a while ago that we never really attmepted. It's a pretty simple song, and we've got a good basic command of it already. I can't speak for the other guys, but I think this easier song rebuilt our confidence just when we needed it most (I did, at least).

When the threes aren't falling, you gotta take it to the rack.

Are you listening, Dirk?

3 Comments:

Blogger UberDestructinator said...

You can make cake and you can make bread. If you eat cake every day, you will get sick.

12:56 AM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

I saw that show too. Good quote.

5:55 PM  
Blogger UberDestructinator said...

The reason I posted it was because you told me about the show, and that quote in particular, before I watched it.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home