Thursday, October 12, 2006

Smile!

If you ever take a picture of me, please don't ask me to smile. A smile is a very personal expression that cannot just be called up on demand. I can spot a fake a mile away. If you want me to smile, why not just do something funny? It's not that hard.

On a related note, I hope I never have to be in some stupid "family photo" again. There aren't many things tackier than a picture of a (fake smiling-) family in some ridiculous, unrealistic pose wearing clothes they would not otherwise be wearing, against some lame backdrop. I seriously hope no one ever puts me through that as an adult.

Hey, family pictures can be done nicely. Like a candid shot where they're all at a picnic, or building a snowman together or something. Something fun and joyful looking. No backdrops, no "Sunday suits", no choreographed hand-on-shoulder, no necks twisted ceilingward, no fake expressions, no all-looking-in-the-same-direction. There has to be a better way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home