Monday, October 09, 2006

Emøverride II

Playing live is a more emotional experience for me than it used to me. In GS particularly, I feel kind of naked up there. If people are smiling and getting knocked over (then getting up and smiling again), I could care less how tight or sloppy we are. We've done what we came to do. If the audience is cold to us I get really bummed out afterwards, whether we played well or not.

I would give yesterday's set a B- or C+ (not terrible), but it seemed like we were beating our heads against a brick wall in terms of "feelin' the love". I felt pretty low afterward. I kept thinking how I needed a really, really long hug. In my 15 years of playing live I don't think I've ever thought that after a show. Not even after the final Cafe-O show, which was emotional as fuck.

So as I said, it was a lonely merch table.

1 Comments:

Blogger klc said...

i'm so sorry.

if i had known, i would have given you a hug. you can always ask.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home