Saturday, December 09, 2006

Let's Get Personal

From November 2002 to January 2004 I was not in any bands and wasn't jamming with anyone. It wasn't a really great time in my life creatively but I did write and record a few songs on my own. In interviews I've said how I pitched the GS idea to Ube as him playing guitar and me singing in a power pop band. Obviously we didn't go that route.

Other than forcing a select few to sit in my living room and listen, I've never tried to play these for anyone. They're not bad songs so I think I'm going to fire a couple of them up here.

All of these are about girl problems I had at the time or in previous years. This one is about when someone has a crush on you and you figure it out too late. But it's their fault because they didn't hint strongly enough, so you're actually the one people should feel bad for. Oh, the angst!

I'm proud of the little guitar solos. They came from the heart. LOL.

Red Light Green Light

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary F said...

Great track! Nice and direct.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Eb said...

Derrick, that is completely fucking awesome.

7:17 AM  
Blogger creep said...

holy distorted vocals batman!
i love it!
you delivered the grit and grime i've been craving

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home