Saturday, November 04, 2006

...And Another Thing!

GS might be too arty for some. BB might be too, but the main complaint I get about BB is "you're too loud". That sucks if you can't hear all the instruments, and I admit we've had unbalanced sound before, but not recently.

Eb once told me a story of how after one of our shows a guy told him we should not play so loud, out of concern for our drummer. Apparently, the audience member was worried because WE wears headphones when he plays. You must be too loud if your drummer is forced to wear headphones!

I recall us having decent sound at that show, no one drowned anyone out. That's the only BB sound critique I will accept. Come on guy, have you never heard a loud band before? Invest in some earplugs or something! BB plays as loud as our modest amps will allow - the end. We can improvise ambient noise at lower volumes, but our songs are played loud.

On a side note, I'm doing sound at a gig tonight. This should be interesting. I'm up to the challenge, but anyone who knows me understands that I'm kind of a sonic gourmand. I lack subtlety and don't understand nuances. I do sound like Cookie Monster eats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home