Sunday, January 08, 2006

Stage Nine et al

I think our band is going to get banned in Halifax for being a high broken glass risk. I played half of the set last night wearing sunglasses (hey, those stage lights are bright already) and the other half wearing none. My sight is awful so I didn't know what was going on most of the time. I hi-fived people I could only vaguely identify. I had a pair of badly thinning Chuck Taylors on so I could feel the many little chunks anywhere I walked. At least we didn't break any of it ourselves. I don't think.

All that said, it was one of the more fun shows for me in this band. There's no way we should ever be playing eighteen song sets though. We were only supposed to play thirteen (which I think is a lot to begin with). I do think the entertainment value was fairly good though. Hopefully people get more out of us than that, but I do think an aggressive live attack is a big part of what we do. I hope Troy's ok, he really put it to himself up there. I can only imagine what he might have done like if we'd played on the floor.

At one point last night Meghan took the mic and encouraged people to check out our band's website. I wish she hadn't done that. We did update it recently, but it's nothing that makes me want to say "hey, look at this". It's really no better than before, it just has more pages. Here's the thing: I'm an html novice, at best. I'd love it if someone could make us a beautiful, artistic website. But if that's ever going to happen it will either a) cost us a lot of money or b) be attempted by someone who works cheap but never has any time, so it never gets done. I figured, "fuck it, I'll do it myself". Tobias and I jokingly debated the other night over whether the site was "workmanlike" or just "shitty". We eventually settled on "blue collar". Don't take this as a solicitation for web designers.

Now, we're going to take time off to write more. We will have four new songs the next time we play Halifax.

3 Comments:

Blogger creep said...

the web design kids at my school may need projects to work on.
if you like i could inquire. it would mean an updated website for free.

3:32 PM  
Blogger the baron ash von foolishness said...

It's tempting. I think until we have a sense of what we want to do with it, we might as well leave it as is.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

The longer the Switzer sets the better, they just get more and more crazy as the time goes by. If you would of stopped at 13 Troy would of never dropped the pants.

Crazy = good.

The website is killer, now if I could only think of something awesome to put in the guestbook.

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home